Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How To Know A Little Bit More About Simone Elkeles



What’s up, readers?
I’ll tell you what’s up here. I just finished the most frantic two weeks of my life (including four tests over the past three days). I’m so tired, I’ve done nothing but sit in my dorm room and watch “16 and Pregnant” on Hulu for the past hour and a half. (I know – that show is ridiculous, but I’m totally and completely addicted.) 
Of course, you could probably care less about my crazy week and my “16 and Pregnant” addiction, so let me tell you the really exciting news for today. Today Simone Elkeles sent me her answers to the interview questions I asked her, so I can now share those answers with you!
C: What kind of research did you do in order to write “How to Ruin a Summer Vacation?” Have you, like Amy, been to Israel?
SE: I didn’t have to do any research because my father was Israeli and my husband is Israeli. I’ve been to Israel more times than I can count (I even got married there) and spent many summers in Israel. My family lives on a moshav in the Golan Heights where the book is set. Everywhere Amy goes in the book, I’ve been.
C: I love the “Perfect Chemistry” rap video book trailer! Did you get to help with the production of that trailer? (And do you procrastinate by watching it over and over again like I do?)
SE: I produced the trailer and helped write the rap, but I hired a director and actors who really did most of the work. I do think it’s hilarious. I just made one for How to Ruin Your Boyfriend’s Reputation that I posted on YouTube and my website...and ALERT **I just finished a MOVIE TRAILER for the sequel to Perfect Chemistry called Rules of Attraction (really a book trailer that is going to look exactly like a movie trailer) and Alexander F. Rodriguez (the groom in the Katy Perry video for Hot and Cold) to play Alex Fuentes and Giancarlo Vidrio will play his brother Carlos. These boys were totally amazing and the movie trailer/book trailer will blow you away. I hope to post it really soon...it’s in post-production right now. I posted pictures of the video shoot on my Facebook page...enjoy!
C: There’s a twist at the end of “Leaving Paradise.” Did you have that ending in mind when you began the book or is it something that came along as the book progressed?
SE: I totally knew that the twist was going to happen. It was hard for me, because I knew it and I needed to reveal it in little bits. There are many many hints throughout the novel...I can point them out to you one day!
C: What was your favorite book when you were a teenager?
SE: Okay, I have to admit I didn’t actually read much when I was a teenager. I hated reading, so I write books that I think I would have liked as a teen. I do remember reading "Forever" by Judy Blume, "Sooner or Later" (which became a tv special with Rex Smith), and "Cute is a Four-Letter Word." But here’s the problem...none of the girls in those books ended up with the guy. I love happy endings!
C: What author are you most looking forward to meeting and/or seeing at the Fifth Annual TBF?
SE: Patrick Jones – I want to know how he gets his long hair to stay so straight...what’s his secret?
So there you have it, readers! Thanks so much, Simone, for answering all our questions. We can’t meeting to meet you at TBF in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment