Friday, May 28, 2010

After TBF 2010 and "After the Moment"

Hi Readers!

I’m BAAAAAACK! Did you miss me? I took a hiatus to recover from the excitement of TBF 2010, but now, it’s time to start posting about TBF 2011! (Save the date – May 14, 2011.) 

I just finished Garret Freymann-Weyr’s “After the Moment” and I couldn’t wait to blog about it because I absolutely LOVED it. I almost don’t know what to say about it. You know when you finish a really great book and you want to tell the entire world to read it, but then when someone asks you what it was about, you don’t know how to answer? (Gee, I hope this happens to other people, because it happens to me all the time.) Anyway, that’s how I feel. Like it was so good, that no matter what I say, I won’t be doing it justice.

So … I found a video of Garret Freymann-Weyr talking about “After the Moment” and I think I’ll let her do that talking.



One of the things that I loved most about this book was the way it was written. “After the Moment” is one of those books that has good characters, a good plot, and, most importantly, is beautifully written in lyrical prose. I would put Garret Freymann-Weyr among the ranks of Deb Caletti, Jennifer Smith, and John Green – three authors that I think are brilliant writers in addition to creating good stories. 

So, readers, hurry out to the closest bookstore and library and pick up a copy of “After the Moment” – you won’t regret it! And just in case you’re wondering, the authors DON’T pay me to say that. In fact, I don’t get paid at all. ;)

I’m reading “The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin” now, so that will probably be the next thing I post on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment