Friday, October 8, 2010

Illustrations by James

Hello Readers, 
James Barry, the illustrator of “The Warriors” manga series (based on “The Warriors” books by Erin Hunter), is one of our TBF returners. He attended the 2nd Anuual Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival, back when the festival was held at Fairport High School. 
Firstly, let me start off by saying that I am incredible impressed by anyone with artistic ability. I can barely manage stick figures, although, if I may say so, I am an excellent at tracing. I am especially impressed by James’ illustrations. At the second TBF, he signed my program and even drew one of the cats from “The Warriors” series. I am in awe of his ability to whip off an illustration 100 times better than anything I could ever do in a matter of minutes. 
I visited James’ website looking for more information about his artistic career and discovered than there are many more of James’ illustrations posted on his website. Here's  a preview of what you’ll find on his site: 
Original cover illustration for “The Lost Warrior.”  Copyright 2007 Harper Collins and TOKYOPOP.  Illustration by James L. Barry.

Visit James’ website to see more of his drawings, illustrations, and comics!  

No comments:

Post a Comment