Sunday, July 24, 2011

Review Flashback

Hi Readers!

As you may have noticed, I've been taking it pretty easy this summer.  I have three(!) summer jobs, so the blog has been pushed a bit to the back burner, but don't worry - I'm saving up all my good stuff for the fall. :)

While you anxiously await the good stuff, I figured I would link back to reviews of books that TBF 2012 authors that I've published previously on the blog.  Follow the links and enjoy!

Last June, I reviewed "Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side" by Beth Fantaskey.  I said that "Twilight" fans and non-fans alike would appreciate this novel with a kick-butt heroine, and I stand by the statement.

Guest reviewer Colleen reviewed "Jekel Loves Hyde" by Beth Fantaskey in February, saying that she thought the expansion of the classic Robert Louis Stevenson story would appeal to many readers.

In March 2010, I posted a review of Ellen Hopkin's "Tricks" which had originally been published in Nazareth's student newspaper, "The Gleaner." My favorite of Ellen's books thus far, I raved about the novel-in-verse.

Jordan, my first ever teen guest blogger, provided her review of "Crank" by Ellen Hopkins.  Jordan raved about the book and wrote that she loved the way "Crank" allowed her to get into the mind of teenage drug user Kristina.

One of my very first reviews on the blog covered Terry Trueman's "Stuck in Neutral" and earlier this year, I reviewed its companion novel, "Cruise Control."  Both are must-reads, and good preparation for "Stuck in Neutral"'s sequel, which is on its way to publication.

I reviewed one of my favorite reads of last summer, "Violet on the Runway" by Melissa Walker more than a year ago.  I love Melissa's writing and she is one of the authors that I am most looking forward to meeting at TBF 2012.  Also be sure to check out my review of her newest novel, "Small Town Sinners," which celebrated its book birthday this past Tuesday!

So readers, hopefully this blast from the past provided you with at least one new review and a few books to add to your TBF TBR pile.  And like I said, get ready for this fall - exciting things are coming. (New reviews! Giveaways! Interviews! Sneak Peeks! Can you feel the excitement?)

No comments:

Post a Comment