Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Interview with the Mascot

Hello Readers,

It’s a double dose of Terry Trueman on the blog!  Today … my interview with Terry.

Carly Reads: You keep coming back year after year, what is it that you love so much about the Greater Rochester Teen Book Festival?
Terry Trueman: TBF is a special gig. I know a lot of authors who have particular places where they are always welcome and treated great, even singled out a bit, which I always feel at TBF, plus Stephanie stalks me, what am I gonna do? Would you want someone with a last name like her pissed at you? :)

CR: Do you play the Whack-an-Author game on the TBF website?  If so, what’s your high score?
TT: I don't play Whack-an-Author, in fact, I don't play any games on video or etc. I hate to lose so much it's sickening – to kill myself over not being able to whack myself on the head better than anyone else, would seem … I dunno, kind of pathetic I think.

CR: Do you have a favorite among the books you’ve written?
TT: I love all my children, but my new one a sequel to “Stuck in Neutral” and its companion “Cruise Control,” working title “Jump Start” hopefully coming out in 2012, is pretty special and I LOVE it. You'll hear a bit of it at this year’s TBF if you come to one of my sessions.

CR: What are your five favorite books?
TT: R U kidding? If I name my own, which obviously are my five faves, I'll have to leave one out and that book will be heartbroken. If I list books by other authors, I can only make five friends happy and thus have a few hundred others po'd at me. It's a NO WIN. I will admit that “The Art of Racing in the Rain” and “Love That Dog” are books I admire written by authors I loathe for writing so beautifully.

CR: What author are you most looking forward to meeting and/or seeing at the Sixth Annual TBF?
TT: To be honest I haven't seen who's coming this year. I always enjoy meeting authors for the first time and seeing old pals, so picking any one would be impossible. I know I always get a huge kick out of hanging around with . . . myself . . . So there is that!! :)

Thanks, Terry! As always, we can’t wait to see at TBF come May.



No comments:

Post a Comment